Position Title: Social Media Executive
Location: Brentford, UK
We’re looking for a talented, creative Social Media Executive to join our social media team in BBC Children’s & Education. First and foremost a content creator with a flair for witty repartee and an eye for design, you’ll also have a strong track record in planning and delivering innovative and imaginative digital projects and campaigns.
- Plan and oversee the creation, delivery & scheduling of outstanding, engaging social content across our BBC Children’s & Educations social media accounts which include BBC Teach, BBC Bitesize Parents, as well as the opportunity to feed into the accounts CBeebies Grown-ups, CBBC Grown-ups, BBC Tiny Happy People and BBC Food. And other BBC Children’s & Education accounts where relevant
- Develop in-depth awareness of industry social media trends, their impact on content production and audience behaviour and identify opportunities where new platforms or features become available, making recommendations on how best we can exploit these to reach new audiences
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the parent, carer and teacher audience. You’ll know how to develop social first ideas to get them interested in our campaigns and brands – and you’ll know what social platforms they are using and why
- Conceive, plan and coordinate creative, engaging social media campaigns around high-priority campaigns & brands, across a number of different social media platforms
- Manage the production and editorial tone of original material in the form of video, text, images and audio in accordance with copyright and compliance requirements, ensuring the tone of our audience engagement is consistent.
- Establish strong relationships with key stakeholders in campaigns, projects & TV teams to help create and plan impactful social campaigns using branded content
- Ensure best practice is understood by junior members of the social media team and communicate clearly with linear TV teams on how best to represent their brands in this space
- Work closely with wider BBC social media teams to ensure effective sharing of relevant content
- Work with external organisations to maximise the potential of reciprocal relationships
- Use, and ensure junior members use, the scheduling tools, processes and workflow procedures in place to keep to editorial standards and sign offs.
- This role might require regular out-of-hours and weekend work to publish content and moderate comments. Hours can be negotiated, and time is given back in lieu.
- To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate fantastic creativity, wit, editorial judgement and a strong track record in the production and delivery of campaigns on multiple platforms that engage and build online audiences.
- You should have the ability to grab their attention and engage with audiences, in particular creating bespoke content for audiences predominately aged 24-44, understanding the different social platforms trends.
- You will have excellent project management skills in relation to digital content making, scheduling, experience of managing external suppliers, quality assurance, budgets and experience of using audience insight, metrics to inform planning and decision making.
- An in-depth appreciation of the risks involved in producing social media content for Children’s & Education brands and campaigns, especially where it comes to protecting brand values and safeguarding the vulnerable.
- The ability to build and keep good stakeholder relations, whilst influencing and negotiating content from them to a desired quality.
- Creating impactful copy and a good eye for design is essential in this role and digital production software such as Adobe Photoshop and Premiere will also be beneficial.
We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in the UK and around the world.