Position Title:Pool Lifeguard
Company:City Of Coronado
The Pool Lifeguard observes and supervises the activities of patrons in the pool and surrounding area; protects life, prevents accidents and enforces pool regulations; rescues swimmers in emergency situations; and assists in the maintenance of facilities and equipment. Lifegaurds may also be assigned to the Boathouse which would include preparing, issuing, and cleaning equipment and vessels
- Observe and supervise activities of swimmers in the pool and the surrounding area; enforce applicable pool rules and regulations.
- Rescue persons in distress or in danger of drowning; provide emergency care as necessary including but not limited to first aid and CPR.
- Participate in facilities clean-up and maintenance; test and monitor water chemistry and temperature; inspect pool facilities and report any unsafe conditions.
- Respond to questions and inquiries from the public regarding pool regulations, use of facilities and various aquatic programs offered.
- Maintain records, reports and logs.
- Open and close pool and related facilities.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Principles and practices of swimming, lifeguarding and water safety.
- Methods and techniques of first aid, CPR and AED.
- Basic operations, services and activities of a public swimming facility including water chemistry and maintenance functions.
- Principles and practices of public relations.
- Appropriate safety precautions and procedures within the area of assignment.
- Pertinent Federal, State and local codes, laws and regulations.